API Support Forum
OEC API > API Support > GF COM API Order Modification Response Taking Long
Author Topic: GF COM API Order Modification Response Taking Long
(33 messages, Page 2 of 2)
Moderators: VPfau
JSmith5611
Posts: 101
Joined: Aug 11, 2015


Posted: Jan 05, 2021 @ 12:23 PM             Msg. 2 of 33
I've been able to confirm the source of the problem and I am working hard to get it fixed as soon as possible.
Jason Smith
RWare2020
Posts: 80
Joined: Feb 11, 2020


Posted: Jan 05, 2021 @ 01:29 PM             Msg. 4 of 33
Sounds great! Thank you very much. Do you have a rough time estimate of completion?

Thanks for all of your help.
JSmith5611
Posts: 101
Joined: Aug 11, 2015


Posted: Jan 06, 2021 @ 01:07 PM             Msg. 6 of 33
Fix has a high probability of getting in this weekend's API release.
Jason Smith
JSmith5611
Posts: 101
Joined: Aug 11, 2015


Posted: Jan 11, 2021 @ 06:43 AM             Msg. 8 of 33
Unfortunately, due to change dependencies, this fix did not get released this past weekend.
Jason Smith
RWare2020
Posts: 80
Joined: Feb 11, 2020


Posted: Jan 11, 2021 @ 11:14 AM             Msg. 10 of 33
Thank you for the updated.

Is there a fix ready though once the dependencies get figured out? Or is a fix still being worked on?

Will this fix go straight into sim/prod or will it need to go to api for a two week test period?

Thanks again for your help.
JSmith5611
Posts: 101
Joined: Aug 11, 2015


Posted: Jan 11, 2021 @ 11:29 AM             Msg. 12 of 33
Fix is done, but was based on two other fixes/improvements that hadn't gotten through review process yet.
Definitively will be tested on API for at least a week.
Jason Smith
RWare2020
Posts: 80
Joined: Feb 11, 2020


Posted: Jan 18, 2021 @ 01:24 PM             Msg. 14 of 33
Was an update posted this weekend for this fix? When downloading a version of the COM 32 bit API I am still getting 4.0.3.30.

- Thanks
RWare2020
Posts: 80
Joined: Feb 11, 2020


Posted: Jan 18, 2021 @ 08:54 PM             Msg. 16 of 33
I took the most recent update 4.0.3.36 and I am still seeing the issue unfortunately.

In API here is an order ID with timestamp where I was modifying an order: (9 seconds)

Modifying order id: 211847185 with price: 12879.8 at timestamp: 1/18/2021 7:52:30 PM
Modified order id: 211847185 coming back with price: 12865.3 at timestamp: 1/18/2021 7:52:37 PM
Modified order id: 211847185 coming back with price: 12879.8 at timestamp: 1/18/2021 7:52:39 PM

In SIM here is an order ID with timestamp where I was modifying an order: (11 seconds)

Modifying order id: 252043753 with price: 12886.8 at timestamp: 1/18/2021 7:37:38 PM
Modified order id: 252043753 coming back with price: 12887 at timestamp: 1/18/2021 7:37:44 PM
Modified order id: 252043753 coming back with price: 12886.8 at timestamp: 1/18/2021 7:37:49 PM

In PROD here is an order ID with timestamp where I was modifying an order: (5 seconds)

Modifying order id: 184593428 with price: 12884.8 at timestamp: 1/18/2021 7:46:40 PM
Modified order id: 184593428 coming back with price: 12864.3 at timestamp: 1/18/2021 7:46:44 PM
Modified order id: 184593428 coming back with price: 12884.8 at timestamp: 1/18/2021 7:46:45 PM
JSmith5611
Posts: 101
Joined: Aug 11, 2015


Posted: Jan 19, 2021 @ 10:41 AM             Msg. 18 of 33
The fix was server-side only, no COM update is needed. (and was only released to API)

I did see something odd in the logs for API.. were you doing multiple contract load requests during the order modification? (I can see that there were multiple 1000-result requests from the same user, but not which user)
Jason Smith
RWare2020
Posts: 80
Joined: Feb 11, 2020


Posted: Jan 19, 2021 @ 12:43 PM             Msg. 20 of 33
Yes I was doing multiple contract load requests during the order modification. We load all of the contracts when the user logs in which takes some time. I will try not doing that and give it another shot to see how it behaves and let you know.

Thanks.
RWare2020
Posts: 80
Joined: Feb 11, 2020


Posted: Jan 19, 2021 @ 02:02 PM             Msg. 22 of 33
It appears that it is working better than before, but I am still seeing a 2 second delay that I was not seeing with the OEC API.

Here are some order ID's with timestamps:

Modifying order id: 211848548 with price: 12985.3 at timestamp: 1/19/2021 12:56:37 PM
Modified order id: 211848548 coming back with price: 12985 at timestamp: 1/19/2021 12:56:39 PM
Modified order id: 211848548 coming back with price: 12985.3 at timestamp: 1/19/2021 12:56:39 PM

Modifying order id: 211848423 with price: 12982 at timestamp: 1/19/2021 12:34:26 PM
Modified order id: 211848423 coming back with price: 12982.3 at timestamp: 1/19/2021 12:34:28 PM
Modified order id: 211848423 coming back with price: 12982 at timestamp: 1/19/2021 12:34:28 PM
JSmith5611
Posts: 101
Joined: Aug 11, 2015


Posted: Jan 25, 2021 @ 12:21 PM             Msg. 24 of 33
Sorry for the delay in my response, I was pulled onto a high priority task.
I looked at the two modifies you were referencing.. from the server logs, for once I see no delay.

The modify for 211848548 took 74ms, and 211848423 was ever so slightly slower at 121ms.

I'm still digging for a cause of the delay on your end, but from these logs, it definitely looks like the server-side slowdown that I was seeing in logs previously is fixed.
Jason Smith
RWare2020
Posts: 80
Joined: Feb 11, 2020


Posted: Jan 26, 2021 @ 12:32 PM             Msg. 26 of 33
Thank you very much. Please let me know if there's anything you need from me.